Thursday, February 11, 2010

Carlton Mackey is PEARL TAYLOR'S GRANDBABY

So today i felt that it was officially time to break my musings as the artist Pearl Taylor's Grandbaby away from my other work with VISION Photography and VISION Philms.

This short journey has been so rewarding. I have been writing songs and pretending to sing for a while now. I only decided to record any of it recently as a way of honoring the living legacy of my grandmother, Pearlie Lee Taylor.

The first song I wrote under this moniker was Never Be Another Day and it was my catalyst to continue. As the song suggests, there is no time like the present to express love, to conquer fear, and to live fully into who you are becoming.

This short EP was certainly a collaborative effort...and it would not have been possible without the producers and musicians from around the world whose productions I based my songs around.

There are some pretty cool things in the works right now that I am so excited to share more about with you in the days to come. It's tripping me out how many positive things can happen when you simply tell the voice in your head that tells you all the reasons why you shouldn't do something (even if you know you should) to "shut up!"

My name is Carlton Mackey. I am Pearl Taylor's Grandbaby. This is my offering of music for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment