Tuesday, February 23, 2010

PEARL TAYLOR'S GRANDBABY and MERCEDES-BENZ



The subject line of the email read: 'Carlton Mackey' or 'Pearl Taylor's Grandbaby' - Never Be Another Day - Mercedes Benz TV

I thought it was spam. I didn't even open it at first. Curiosity eventually killed the cat and I thought I'd at least see what the latest version of the "Nigerian Prince wants to share money with me" email would be.

I opened it up and it was a representative of the Mercedes-Benz brand contacting me about my interest in being featured on the upcoming installation of the Mercedes Benz Mixed Tape. I didn't even know such a thing existed. I kinda knew that Mercedes was involved with Fashion Week in NY, but I didn't know that their arms reached into music. There was a link to a website, a contractual agreement, and a break down of the benefits of being a part of this project.
(Ummmmm?)

So I click the link and am like, "This actually seems legit. This page is official."
I send the link to kari and try to figure out what the catch is.

...but I had to act quickly. The representative gave me a small window in which to act. I prayed about it, got the blessing of the amazing producer of the track (Marco Kalnenek), printed out the paperwork, and sent it back. Two short bio videos produced by my teammate Julia Wallace, more paperwork, a facebook fan page, and a blog later, Pearl Taylor's Grandbaby will be featured on Mercedes - Benz Mixed Tape 31!

Coming March 2 to www.mercedes-benz.tv/mixedtape Don't Miss It.

Become a fan of Pearl Taylor's Grandbaby on Facebook!

Become a fan of the Mercedes-Benz Mixed Tape on Face Book.

Enjoy this video from the previous installment. Pray I don't look crazy on the next.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment