Tuesday, March 2, 2010

MERCEDES-BENZ MIXTAPE 31 FEAT. PEARL TAYLOR'S GRANDBABY


I'm so happy to present this latest installation of the Mercedes-Benz Mixed tape. The journey here was a fun one -full of pleasant surprises. I mentioned earlier, that my intentions for writing these songs was so that I could present them to my grandmother. Last Thanksgiving, I did exactly that. On my sister's dining room table, I pulled out my laptop and showed the music video for Never Be Another Day to grandma. She loved it.

When I called her last night to try to explain to her that the song that I had written for her had been picked by the Mercedes-Benz brand and would be featured on an upcoming album she paused. She couldn't really understand the connection between music and a car company. I tried to explain more and told her that it would be on the internet. She said,
"OOOH. THAT'S NICE. SOMEONE MUST HAVE REALLY LIKED IT....BUT I DON'T HAVE THE INTERNET."

I smiled and promised here that I would make a CD for her and play it on the CD player we bought her for Christmas.

I am delighted to be among so many talented artist from around the world. I am grateful for Marco Kalnenek for producing the track...Mike Gregorie for featuring it on the net label...Someone who I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put his name out there like that who contacted me from Mercedes-Benz...and YOU for taking the time to listen.

Download Mixed Tape 31 at http://www.mercedes-benz.tv/mixedtape

and enjoy this video introducing the 10 artists who will be featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment